Your Talk and Poster
THE SPEAKER PREPARATION ROOM
Presentations should be loaded directly onto the PC in the speaker preparation room (Room 1) on the first floor at least one full session prior to the session in which you will present.
Please bring your talk on a USB, saved in a format for display on a pc within the room. A technician will be on hand to assist with any transfer / loading issues and to help you check your presentation.
PCs and Macintosh computers will be available in the speaker preparation room, however, please note there are no Macintosh computers in the session rooms.
- Delegates displaying a poster will find their allocated position by locating the appropriate abstract number on the display panels.
- Please use the program reference (or ADS-ADEA smart phone APP) to identify your abstract number and poster position. Poster panels are located in the conference exhibition area (Halls 1 & 2) on the ground floor.
- Presenters should stand next to their poster during allocated poster sessions. All Posters can be mounted from morning tea on Wednesday and must be removed prior to lunch on Friday.
- The maximum size for posters is 1 metre wide by 1.2 metres high (A0, portrait orientation). Velcro will be provided to affix posters to poster boards. Additional Velcro can be obtained from the registration desk.
There are two official poster sessions at this year’s meeting:
ADS Basic Science Poster Discussion and Viewing
2:00pm – 3:00pm, Wednesday 24th August, Exhibition Halls 1 & 2
ADS Clinical Science Poster Discussion and Viewing
2:00pm – 3:00pm, Thursday 25th August, Exhibition Halls 1 & 2
- Posters are arranged in basic and clinical categories. If you are a junior ADS Member and have indicated that you wish to be considered for a poster award you must be at your poster during the poster viewing session to be eligible.
ADS Poster Discussions
- Presenters involved in the poster discussion are required to stand by their poster on Wednesday 24th August from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Basic Science) or Thursday 25th August from 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Clinical Science) to enable discussion of their poster with fellow delegates.
- Three groups will present in the first half hour and three in the second half hour.