The aim of the interactive workshop is to take participants on a life affirming journey:
- To promote discussion around travel safety for people with diabetes on insulin.
- To explore innovative solutions to unique situations not routinely covered in guidelines or travel advisories.
- PowerPoint presentation that will facilitate interactive discussion around points of relevance to travelling.
- The sharing of images and anecdotes supporting the narrative.
- This will be an interactive, informal storytelling of real events and the lessons learned.
- Comments, questions and suggestions will be invited from the floor.
- Sam Beattie will add value by extrapolating the discussion to include CSII in addition to GKs MDI experience
At the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Application of current travel related guidelines for PWD on insulin
- Improvisation when circumstances encountered are not covered by the ADEA and RACGP travel guidelines
- Ways to empower PWD around applying basic principles to when encountering complex or unusual circumstances.